Friday, October 7, 2011

Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake


I made this beautiful cheesecake for a friend's party last weekend. And actually, my friend was my first paying customer. He wanted something to celebrate fall, and even though this leans toward Christmas, I had been waiting awhile to try out this cheesecake recipe. I had been saving this recipe from Real Simple since last year's November issue. You can find the recipe here.

I also had quite an adventure for the other dessert I made him. I tried making a baumkuchen cake, or "tree-ring" cake, which is a recipe in TSOB. Mine didn't turn out though; I think I overbeat the eggs and/or lost some of the airiness of the batter when I folded in the flour. I'll have to try that one again soon.

Well, I only noticed this error a few hours before the party! So I quickly went looking for a quick pumpkin recipe, so I could stay within the fall theme. I went to Smitten Kitchen and found this recipe for pumpkin brownie bars. They were a huge hit according to my friend. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment