Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fudge Cake with Hazelnuts


This is both sexy and unsexy at the same time.  Is it a perfect slice? No.  Is that an ooey, gooey center?  Heck yes!

My love for chocolate and hazelnuts is well-known and showcased on this blog.  So of course, any recipe with them together, I have to try.  This one comes from Food and Wine, December 2012.  It's called the Tunnel of Fudge Cake with Hazelnuts.

It's a recipe from a second-place winner in a Pillsbury bake-off in 1966. Wonder what won first place?  Anyways, I don't think this one's a winner for me.  The ground hazelnuts tasted great, but gave too gritty a texture to the whole cake.  I liked the gooey center, but my husband wasn't a fan.  So, I'll have to pass on keeping this in my repertoire.


2 comments:

  1. Whatever... I loved it. Thanks for letting us have some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Brad. I shouldn't shoot it down so bad, it was tasty. Just not "OHMYGOD this is sooo good!" I'm glad Bendy enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete