Thursday, December 12, 2013

Banana Cake with Mocha Frosting

P1020157 by cookinglikespago
P1020157, a photo by cookinglikespago on Flickr.

I don't know about you, but every week I buy bananas and every week I seem to have some that go bad before I get to them. My intention is always to eat them quicker, but I don't get that far.

Anyways, I used some bad bananas to try out this cake I found in David Lebovitz's book "Ready for Dessert." It was fun to make a cake rather than standard banana bread. And I would have never thought to do a mocha frosting; the pairing turned out really well.

I'm glad I moved to San Francisco for a number of reasons. I now have another thing to add to those reasons; I got to have my cookbook signed by David Lebovitz since he came back for a visit.

If you have this book, this is definitely a great recipe. If you don't have the book, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment