Thursday, December 12, 2013

Spiced Apple Cheesecake with Brandy Caramel Sauce

P1020159 by cookinglikespago
P1020159, a photo by cookinglikespago on Flickr.
This is my very late Thanksgiving post. Thanksgiving was certainly new this year, being away from our immediate families. However, we were fortunate enough to meet my husband's uncle's family, whom my husband hadn't seen since he was a 5 year old.

I also made a new cheesecake this year. While I love my standard apple cheesecake recipe, I couldn't pass on this amazing recipe I found on Food 52.

Once again, I used Miette cookies for the crust, this time the gingersnap cookies. The caramel sauce was really different too. Instead of cooking white sugar to the caramel stage, this used brown sugar and butter. It was definitely a runnier caramel sauce than my standard recipe I use from The Secrets of Baking, but it tasted great; especially with the addition of the brandy.

It got rave reviews by all, and I hope we get invited for Christmas so I can bake more new recipes for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment