Saturday, July 23, 2011

Lemon Ice Cream


I wanted to make this ice cream because it was a variation on the lemon curd used for the lemon bars. I was really happy I did, because this time around I bought a fine-mesh strainer to run the curd through. It kept the large peels of lemon zest out, and the bits of egg that had slightly overcooked. The result was a really beautiful yellow cream, that I could imagine stuffing a doughnut with. Unfortunately, I didn't get a nice picture of it, because I made the ice cream at night, and night pictures of food aren't that appetizing.

I tried the ice cream a bit and it's like a really smooth version of lemon ice that you'd get at a ballpark. The bit of dried ginger I added was undetectable. It probably would have been more pronounced if I had used ginger juice, which is what was called for.

Only one more lemon dessert to go, and then I'll get to try creme brulee!

No comments:

Post a Comment