Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pastry Cream Cookies


I am back to TSOB! Finally! My new job I'm starting in April at a certain high-end grocery chain's bakery was the inspiration. I don't think I've covered the vanilla sauce (aka creme anglaise) chapter on this blog yet. I attempted to first make it at school and accidentally broke it. But in my familiar surroundings at home, I quickly knocked out a version of the vanilla sauce, making it into pastry cream.


I always thought pastry cream, the stuff inside eclairs and cream puffs, was white. Mine turned out a bit yellow, probably from the eggs, so I'm not sure if I did it 100% right. But the cookies I made from it worked out just fine. To make them, I combined the cream with crumbs from a piece of the unfrosted St. Patrick's day cake. Throw in some nuts and voila, yummy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment